Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Mystical Positivist - Radio Show #193 - 22AUG15

The Mystical Positivist is now a weekly radio show on KOWS-LP 107.3 FM, Occidental, CA. Listen live on Saturday evenings from 4:00 - 6:00pm, PST, via the web at KOWS Live Stream
This week's podcast features:
  • An in-studio conversation with Rick Whitney, author of AlignIt: A Tale of a New Civilization. This sophisticated utopian novel, set in an imagined context on San Francisco Bay, posits a kind of reformed university that brings together ancient sacred sciences with contemporary, cutting edge sciences. The novel discusses many alternative ideas about economics, society, community, human nature, and the ultimate concern of human life.

    Rick Whitney is a pseudonym adopted for publication of AlignIt. Regarding the adoption of a nom-de-plume, on the AlignIt website Rick writes: “I chose a pseudonym to keep a fire wall between my public role at the university I work for and my private interest in writing and developing the ideas expressed in AlignIt…. At the university, I have a public role as director of an office. It's an externally facing role. People around the world Google me or look me up on LinkedIn prior to calling or meeting. And I have colleagues at the university itself, of course. It seemed prudent to keep the two distinct--my professional life and my writing life… AlignIt is fiction, not a guide for how I run the office, do my work, or meet with guests…. I articulated expansive views in AlignIt, including alternative models of university structure, research and technology transfer. They're experimental, hypothetical, fictional. To me, this is a worthwhile private endeavor. ”
More information about Rick Whitney's work can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment